Packing before you travel :
Equipments needed depends largely upon where , when and how one is trekking.The main emphasis while trekking on keeping warm and dry while still being light weight. For lower altitude, Fleece Jackets are adequate, while at higher altitude down jackets are advisable. Waterproof, windproof jacket and pants, well broken-in footwear, head covering are also recommended.Good sleeping bags, sunglasses,drinking water bottle, torchlight, Sun block cream,toiletries, First aid kit are other item necessary.
Trekking equipments are also available in Kathmandu, Pokhara and Namche Bazzar.
Some on the Simple Trekking Equipment we request ;
- Good backpack and a small daypack
- Other personal items such as towel and toiletries
- Good pair of hiking boots - absolutely essential
- Strops / sandals for walking around in
- Cap / sunhat
- Balaclava for cold nights
- Warm windproof jacket
- Lightweight fleece